About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tis da Season.....

I had fun at our ladies "Christian Connection" social today. Lots of great food (YES, low carb too), too many to mention, but I brought the chicken salad, on white and wheat bread !

I had the chicken salad again for supper. So today, I did not count my carbs, but I watched what I ate and sampled a bit of what everyone had. Down south, we're known for our cooking, and it was oh-so-delicious !

Whats your favorite low-carb holiday food ?

5 comments:

Harry/JP said...

Howdy, BayouBabe,

I really like LC pumpkin pie (usually without the crust or with a LC pecan crust). Mmm mmm good! :)

bayoubabe said...

I am picturing the pumpkin pie with out a crust -= would be like having a hamburer without the bun LOL, yes, It SOUNDS delicious. :)

Add dollup of WHIPPED CREAM, set me a plate, and i'll be there !

Me said...

Oooo audience talk-back time! hehehe

Ewwww pumpkin pie? I have no idea what that would be like but it sounds terrible hahahaha Meat pies all the way!

Actually my fav lc recipe would have to be shepherds pie (with cauliflower instead of potato of course). Delicious! I might make it again soon :)

bayoubabe said...

Oh My GOSH ! It's AUDIENCE FOOD FIGHT TIME !!... I want you BOTH to submit your recipes (for the pumpkin crustless pie AND the shepards pie. We seriously need to start a recipe box here. What do yall think ?

Harry/JP said...

A recipe box sounds good. :)

The last pumpkin dessert I made was lifted from Linda Sue's site.

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/pumpkin_bake.html

The only thing I did differently was to substitute stevia for the Splenda.

Whipped cream, you say? But of course! :)

I bet you'd like pumpkin pie, Erika. Seriously.

If I had to describe them, I probably use these three adjectives: Mmmm. Mmmm. Mmmm.

Total Pageviews