About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Monday, December 29, 2008

Bad Foods That Are Good For Weight Loss

According to our buddies at Webmd.com, There are Bad Foods that are good for Weight Loss ! (WHEN will they begin to tell us something NEW !!!)


For those out there willing to click on the link below :

http://www.webmd.com/diet/slideshow-bad-foods-that-are-good-for-weight-loss?ecd=wnl_day_122908

You'll be reminded of which 'bad foods' that can help you loose. Seductive foods seem to lurk at every turn, especially when you’re trying to lose weight. But many foods that have gotten a bad rap aren’t so terrible after all. Learn which tempting treats can actually help you lose weight and keep it off.

Although this article told ME nothing 'new', it may just be a reminder to those out there who are beginning their low carb regime.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I went diligently to the gym, worked out for 1 hr, 45 minutes, AND I FINALLY LOST A POUND !!! YEAH !!!... I just KNEW if I were to be faithful and work out more, this would happen, AND it happened during Christmas week :))) Wheeeeeeee....

So now, I'm down to 143 pounds... That last pound was HARD to come off, took me two weeks, but I did it !!

Today, I had my first "Southwest Salad" with Grilled Chicken from Mc Donald's' (Tangy, warm, cilatro-lime glazed chicken (grilled or crispy), poblano peppers, roasted tomatoes, crispy chili-lime tortilla strips, black beans, fire-roasted corn, cheddar-jack cheese, lime 1/4 slice, ).. Well, in my salad, there were NO tomatoes at all, and those black beans, I tossed them out. The tortilla strips were more like taco shells to me... but it WAS a great salad.. Total Carbohydrate 30g so says this website

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/itemDetailInfo.do

It was the best tasting salad I had in a long time. I did drizzle Ranch dressing on top, so add another 8 carbs.

I also had 1/2 of my usual ham and cheese sandwich on wheat toast.

I was out and about today, very pretty day, with beautiful weather.

Tonight, I had the guilt-free pleasure of eating one Hershey Special Dark Chocolate Miniature
(5 carbs) it was GOOD !!

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/hersheys/special-dark-chocolate-miniature-candy-bar/

No comments:

Total Pageviews