About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Friday, December 12, 2008

Getting Fit with Leslie Sansone !

http://tinyurl.com/5p5nh4

Leslie Sansone: Walk at Home - 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk (2008)


Today I walked 4 of the 5 miles with Leslie ! I like her newest video, You exercise each mile in a short 12 minute mile. In the first mile she is alone. I've never seen her alone in her video before, I really liked it this way. One lady gave her testimony of how she lost over 100 pounds, and how she did it at 'her own pace, and without expectations.'.... I'm a bit different, I NEED goals, and expectations. I do agree that I do exercising at 'my own pace' , and the only diet that EVER worked for me IS LOW CARB !!

Speaking of carbs ....My carb total for today was 48.


I had a mesquite chicken breast. It was absolutely delicious and only four carbs. I put the chicken breast on one piece of wheat toast (cut in half) with lettuce , tomato and mustard and mayo.


For supper, I had bacon, lettuce and tomato, mayo on two slices of wheat. I had string cheeses (pepper jack, my fav ! and mozarella).

There are a few snowmen still standing in our neighborhood from the beautiful snow fall we had yesterday. SUCH A BLESSING TO SEE !!

You know what they say about Louisiana weather , huh ?? If there is now on Dec 11, then we'll probably have an 80 degree Christmas !! YES ONLY in New Orleans !!

Check my SNOW PICTURES FROM YESTERDAY'S BLOG BELOW !!

4 comments:

Harry/JP said...

Good job with the walking, BayouBabe!

Your pictures, from yesterday, were fun to see. We don't get some around here. So, it's nice to live vicariously through some of my fellow bloggers. :)

Me said...

Leslie Sansone is great :)

So on this newest video, you can stop the tape at each mile? Is that right?

That'd be great when you're time pressed.

Eats sound good. Is 48g carbs the kind of amount you're aiming for?

Me said...

Leslie Sansone is great :)

So on this newest video, you can stop the tape at each mile? Is that right?

That'd be great when you're time pressed.

Eats sound good. Is 48g carbs the kind of amount you're aiming for?

bayoubabe said...

60 is my usual daily allotment. Some days I meet/exceedc it, some days I am under.

I'm more for the 'exercise'.. AND the carbs...

Yes, this is the newest video.. Five 12 minute segments, and you can ALWAYS stop any segment at any time, BUT this one looks like it is segmented where you are supposed to stop if you want, each mile has new people, or just Leslie ! I really like her.. :) Thanks for the comments.

Total Pageviews