About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Frost on the Pumpkin/ Lo Carb Bread Meltdown !!


(Click on image to make bigger)





Today was such a beautiful day, at least it started that way... there was frost on the morning pumpking and a *BIG* grin to boot. My precious son has the biggest cheeks, dont' ya just want to pinch them ?


I had a good day carbwise, however, the Lo Carb Bread Machine recipe, well, that turn out to be a different story ! ... Its called "Final Bread" perhaps for a reason, cause it didn't rise to the occasion, the way I thought it would !


I followed the recipe word-for-word, ingredient wise, that is --however the 'Dough Cycle' on MY machine runs 1 1/2 hours, whereas the machine time on the recipe above runs only 39 minutes... So, I'm not exactly sure if THAT was the reason why the bread well, once out of the oven never made it to the top of the loaf pan ! I would say that it was perhaps 3/4 of the way up the pan. This is my first time using the ingredients listed and trying to make this Atkins-type bread, so any and all comments are welcome PLEASE !!
I exercised for 30 minutes on my treadmill at home today.

For lunch I had a nice Ham & Cheese salad with Kraft Italian dressing and the ingredients listed in the carb counter diagram above . I had a cheese and Toast sandwich for supper. For a taste of sweetness I had a Fuze and a Schwan's sugar free popsicle (I love these thangs !)

No comments:

Total Pageviews