About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hickory Farms, Oh My !!!

I exercised for two hours at the gym today, and came home to this wonderful Hickory Farms Plate Lunch !!


I had a great time at lunch today. I took some of the Hickory Farms Beef Summer Sausage and sauteed it on my indoor grill. The bread you see to the right is the oatmeal molasses bread from the bread machine. I had some lettuce and tomato on the side (made myself a sausage sandwich!). I also had some Hickory Farms smoked cheese. Up top of the plate is those Green Giant Vegetable Medley (8 carbs).
I was so full just from eating what you saw on the plate.


For supper, I had a Mc Donald's cheeseburger patti & a Blue Bell sugar free popsicle.


Enjoy !
P.S. Exciting things are going on at http://www.hickoryfarms.com/ where almost everything is 75% off. Get an extra 15% off your order with code 849358. APO/FPO shipping is free. Prices start at $3←Warm & Hearty Welcome Gift Box $6.25 (Reg $25)The Chocolate Collection $5 Finest Fudge Collection $5 Sugar Free Cherry Cordials $3.50Sugar Free Chocolate Collection $3.50Fruitful Gift Box $7.50 Iced Petits Fours $4.75Cheese Ball combo Gift Box $6.25 Family Get Together Gift Box $12.50 Perfect Hostess Gift Basket $10Reduced Sugar Vanilla Torte $3 Dobosh torte $4.75 http://www.hickoryfarms.com/ WOW WOW WOWUpdate: The code 849358 is hit or miss. Some report it working, others say no. This is a perfect opportunity to send a nice gift to someone in the military since prices are so cheap, and shipping is free to APO/FPO addresses. If you don't have a soldier address, check http://www.anysoldier.com/, which is a wonderful site for supporting the troops.

5 comments:

Harry/JP said...

Excellent day, Bayoubabe. :)

That's a really substantial amount of exercise. And, that lunch looked pretty tasty.

Solid start to '09!

Me said...

Looks delicious!! What do you like about Hikory Farms foods the most? :)

bayoubabe said...

What I like most is the selection of cheeses and sausages. You can do SO many things with sausages and cheeses ! Its a low carber's dream :) I loved the smoked taste in the sausage.

Have a Blessed Day !

Twisted Cinderella said...

That looks like an awesome plate of food! I LOVE Hickory farms!

bayoubabe said...

Thank you !

Total Pageviews