About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Getting down to business

My delicious low carb lunch !!



For lunch today I had chicken salad on my homemade low carb bread machine bread. It was served with lettuce tomato & pickles and a touch of mayo. To top it off, I had a slice of mozzarella cheese & about 1/2 cup of steamed veggies . For dessert I had about 1/2 cup of blackberries, topped with Cool Whip topping. I'm ready to EAT now ;)


-----------------------------------------------------------------


It's about time we got down to business. Our new President is roaring to go, making new changes and policies. Isn't about time we do that in our own life. I finally got down to work and decided to forgo the 'no doctor' policy. I already had an appt lined up with the dermatologist, so I kindly explained to him about my never-ending cold, and he gave me some Keflex that would cover help my psoriasis AND my cold out.


I was excited, because it was the first time in a while I'd actually gone into the doctor's office to weigh on THEIR SCALE. Not that the one at the fitness center is not accurate.. but just to have something to compare it to. The scale said I weighed 138.. so I know that is right :)


I want to start feeling a bit better, so I think I am going to eat more. I've never really upped my carbs, but I do know I eat between 40 and 60 carbs per day. I just mean I'm going to be filling up my plate with MORE low carb foods than usual, until I'm feeling better.


On that note, I wish everyone reading this blog that yall feel better too. Its been a lousy beginning of the week for me, and it SURE feels like hump day !!


I'm with getting down to business, how about yall ??


Bayoubabe

3 comments:

Harry/JP said...

Sounds like an eggsellent plan, BayouBabe. :)

Good for you, for being proactive and keeping your chin up.

Way to go!

NewVision said...

I'm with Harry on this one, WTG!

Vadim said...

Feel better!

Total Pageviews