About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Evolver !!!




It's a new day. A New Year ! Are you an Evolver ? That's what I want to be this year. I want to come forth gradually into being and develop new characteristics in my life..

To be honest. I've never been good with New Year's "Resolutions'' -- long range goals. I'm a spur-of-da-moment, live day-by-day kinda girl. If a friend calls me up and says , "Hey ! Let's go do this or that... " I'm game. (Dedicated to my friend, Mary ;) )

What does this have to do with anything ? After last year's health problems, repeated office visits, exams, tests at the hospitals (3 months of pain, followed by a Hysterectomy in August), I'm ready for a CHANGE. I do know one thing : Since being recommend by my doctor to loose weight, and join a gym, my life has changed. I lost 21 pounds, and have NOT been to the doctor's office since Oct. 7, 2008. THIS is a major ordeal for me. When you know everyone in a hospital or doctor's office environment by NAME -- that should send up a HUGE FLAG !!

Things I regret doing last year:

(1) Not visiting my doctor sooner when I had developed cervical pain.

(2) Having my hysterectomy operation in August.

(3) Evacuating (driving) because of an approaching Hurricane, just three weeks after my surgery . ( If you live near New Orleans, you should NEVER schedule major surgery during the months of June, July, Aug, Sept. or Oct. -- Hurricane Season -- DOH !!) I drove for four hours to Laurel Mississippi (only place around available to escape to that had hotel openings. Hubby was working shift work, so I had to do this myself.)

(4) Not paying attention to my weight (was 164 pounds).



Things accomplished last year :

(1) Lost 21 pounds since Oct 7.
(2) Stayed away from doctor's office since joining a gym
(3) Purchased two acres of land and plan to build a place on it to 'evacuate to' in case of oncoming Hurricanes.
(4) Teenage son got his driver's permit. (really helps when you need someone to drive you around when you are in pain).
(5)Started reading Jimmy's Low Carb Blog (and everyone else's !!)

Let's "Evolve'' & get the party Started !!

Have a Blessed New Year !!

Bayoubabe

4 comments:

Twisted Cinderella said...

I am just popping by to answer your comment on my blog. I did reply in the comments but I wanted to answer here as well.

Most of the 8 ounce kinds of tomato sauce that I've seen have no sugar. Some that I have heard of are:

- Kroger's brand
- The Hunts tomato sauce in my store
- Ragu also has a "No Sugar" added variety
- Classico (from Costco) and Trader Joe's
- pureed tomatoes will work in a pinch

bayoubabe said...

THank you kindly for the explanation. I'm going to try this :)

Me said...

Hi Bayoubabe,

2008 gave you a pretty rough ride. *hugs* 2009 WILL be so much better! These things always happen in waves.

You DID achieve a lot of positives though, and it's wonderful you are counting them in your reflections. That shows great poise.

*cheers* to 2009!
Erika

NewVision said...

Happy New Year!!
I hope you have a better one.
:)

Total Pageviews