About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Working Low Carb


As a school teacher, I sometimes find it difficult to choose which school lunch I will eat.  Some portions are too starchy. Those homemade buns and potato au gratin hard hard-to-pass-up.

Today, I had an early lunch. That meant a nice ham & cheese salad with buttermilk ranch dressing. The vegetable medley and two strawberries rounded off the meal.

You have to be on your toes when working.  Some use the drive thru. Some bring from home. I've also seen the soup and salad bunch. EVERYONE's lunch is different... catered to that individual.

I always find it interesting when I make groceries at WalMart.  Canvassing peoples' baskets has become a hobby of mine.  It tells a lot about the person's lifestyle.  Ha if you saw my grocery basket... stocked with proteins, veggies and fruit you'd KNOW I was a DIE HARD LOW-CARBER !!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For exercise today, I took a RPM (spinning) and Body Pump (weight lifting) class at Anytime Fitness. My instructor, Darrell -- pushed us to the limit. I had new biking shoes, so it took a few times to get adjusted to pedaling, pushing and pulling. Let me tell you , just wearing those shoes is a total lifestyle biking challenge. It changes the way your foot feels on the pedals and almost forces you to automatically put the correct weight in the correct position (on the balls of your feet). It definitely enhances the workout.  

My Body pump (weigh lifting) class was a challenge as well. We are learning new tracks with the recent launch.  Moves and techniques that rock the overhead press and make your obliques BURN.  Doing both back to back in the same night is awesome... in getting up the heart rate, sweating, and getting fatigued.  THAT's what it's all about !!

---------------------------------------------------------

In the afternoon, I had two hamburger patties on one slice of wheat bread (8 carbs.)

After I got home from exercising, I had a tablespoon of peanut butter (4 carbs), on a slice of wheat bread (8 carbs.)  YEAH for protein ! :)

2 comments:

Vadim said...

What do you teach?

bayoubabe said...

Just got back from out of town. :)

I generally teach all middle school core subjects. I can teach the high school when needed. I am a certified substitute teacher,.. doing home bound, middle/high school. I do not have my own classroom. That's the beauty of it, they loan me out and rotate me throughout the school year. I have the kids for a certain amount of time, then poof they are gone :)

Total Pageviews