About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Time to Rest / Hidden Sugars





Good morning ! I hope everyone is off to a great weekend.

The latter part of this week, I was working out 2 hours a day, so I decided to take Friday off. My legs felt as if 5 pound bags of sugar were attached to them, and my thighs barely wanted to move. It was great to feel my shoulders and back finally getting the attention they deserved. That Body Pump routine is definitely the way to go !

I took our oldest son out to eat at a pizzeria last night. I ordered something called
"Mop the Floor" Calzone. It was stacked with all sorts of meats and cheeses, - the most wonderful of all was a tangy mozzarella biting back inside my mouth, mmmmm- good ! I could barely eat one half of it. That was a good sign.

One thing I have to remember with all of the exercising is moderation. I was so excited to begin my low carb regime, that I forgot to take time off to let the muscles to regenerate, and to eat a little bit more to refuel.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you know that there were hidden sugars in a lot of foods ? I found this out on my first journey low carbing. Hidden sugars are everywhere in food ! A health conscious low-carber should definitely be reading the label. Here is Molly Kimball's lasted article on this subject :


www.nola.com/health/index.ssf/2011/02/you_may_be_surprised_how_many.html

No comments:

Total Pageviews