About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I finally did it ! Feeling GROOVY !!



Greetings from the Big Easy today. The low down is this :


I was FINALLY able to get my carbs down to below 40 carbs.. wheee. ! TOday's meal consisted of a total of 34 carbs :)

I could NOT decide if I wanted breakfast or lunch so I had a wee bit of BOTH ! LOL.



I had two scrambled eggs, four Jimmy Dean sausages, some leftover ground beef with taco seasoning in it, with lettuce and tomato. Also had three slices of white/wheat (25 carbs) for a total of 34 carbs :) ( for a late night snack I had 1/4 cup of peanuts )

I am SO proud ! Atta girl (patting myself on the back). And the kicker is that I did NOT feel hungry after that big meal. I'm going to have to revisit this. EaT more low carb food , instead of that high in carbs (fruit). I'm so excited !

I rode my bicycle around town for 40 minutes today. I also popped a Leslie Sansone Firm and Tone video in the dvd player (40 minutes). For the night cap, I went to ANytime Fitness for a Body Pump class (weight lifting).

So that's why I'm typing this late night :)

I have to teach in the morning, Soo everyone have a Blessed One :)

2 comments:

Flavia said...

Congrats! So you eat one meal a day?

bayoubabe said...

This day I did. Looks like it might be the way to go. Not sure, I'm still working out the kinks. I dont know how others do It, as I'm still learning. Hope u had a nice day. Yeah, that is why the carbs were lower..

Total Pageviews