About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Get Moving !!!





Good morning low carbers ! It's Saturday here in the Big Easy, where it is time for BRUNCH !!

After a brisk BODY PUMP workout at Anytime Fitness, my body is starving for fuel ! On today's menu, we're doing a bit of the mid-day breakfast. Simply place a few bits of bacon in the pan, fry until crisp.. Take the bacon drippings, and use them to make a sunny side up egg. Take a couple of slices of white wheat bread (24 carbs), and you can dip into the egg with one, OR make a bacon sandwich on the other. Lettuce and tomato can adorn that bacon sandwich.

Of course, I can't have my brunch, without my Diet Coke zero !!

Hope everyone has a great day. Get out and Move ! EXERCISE, and drink plenty of WATER !!

For supper I had Schwan's Tuscan Veggie Soup, some more veggies on the side and two slices cheese on one slice of toast.

No comments:

Total Pageviews