About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

10 Ways to Boost Your Metabolism



CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE TO ACCESS !!





I just LOVE resources ! WEB MD is one of my favorite places on the internet to follow health and diet information.

Simple changes to your daily routine create big results when it comes to your waistline. Kick start your weight loss, lose the love handles !!

---------------------------------------------------------

Today I exercised two hours at the gym. One hour was "Body Vibe" and the other was a challenger senior classes called 'Silver Sneakers II', where we do aerobics for 30 minutes, then sit in a chair and do other exercises using an exercise ball, weights, etc.

The weather has been so beautiful lately. I just had to get out and go to Subway for my "Subway Melt Salad" consisting of lettuce tomato pepperoni, ham, cheese, turkey and ranch salad dressing.

Not sure what I'm having to eat tonite. Hope yall had a fit and wonderful day !!

4 comments:

~Oct said...

Those are great metabolism tips and I'm happy that this new plan incorporates quite a few of them! Thanks :)

Flavia said...

Hey, how's your blood pressure these days? I adopted low carb and some supplements and was able to lower my blood pressure dramatically. Did not really have weight to lose, but my overall health is so much better! About how many carbs a day do you eat? I do around 10-20 on most days and then around 60-100 on some other days.

bayoubabe said...

My blood pressure has been fine. It always has been ! I am back on my low carb regime because I gained like 10 pounds back. =(

I try to eat less than 40 carbs per day. It generally is because if I eat breakfast, that usually counts for 20 carbs, so on the 'other days', it can be up to 60 carbs.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog Flavia. ! Have a blessed day

bayoubabe said...

Oct, don't u just love those metabolism tips !! :) I'll have to post more exhilarating ones when I find them !! Thanks for your motivation !!

Total Pageviews