About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl's Over, Joined a New Gym.. now what ?

Hello, if there is anyone left in this vast universe.. It's been quite a while since I last blogged.

I'm doing good. Gained a few pounds though. Started to teach again... life is good, right ?

Now that the Superbowl is over, I decided to join a new gym. One that has television screens in the gym equipment. Pretty cool aye ? No REAL excuse, not ever to exercise again. This place is also open 24/7/365. Again, NO excuse. It has studio classes of all caliber type exercises from Zoomba to Silver Sneakers, 'golden oldies' type exercise classes. Best of all they are FREE, (part of the monthy membership). THAT I LIKE.

So I woke up this morn, joined this new gym, meandered over to those silver sneaker oldie but goodies class. I learned FIVE new types of line dances (these gals worked out for a full 45 minute class. This was after a 45 minute class of the 'sit and be fit' type exercises done from a chair, with some optional being done outside of the chair. Let me tell you, some of the exercises were easy, some I REALLY felt the muscles pull and ache !

I'm back to counting carbs, giving up the number of diet soft drinks, etc. I had a banana for breakfast and a Burger King Chicken Salad for lunch. Might have a taco salad for supper tonite.

Whatever the rhyme or reason, I'm back in the low carb community to whomever is out there and wants to join me on the bandwagon or not. Drop me a line and let me know you are still in the game with me. :)

Bayoubabe.
Big Easy on Low Carb.

1 comment:

Dave C. said...

I'm with you for low carb'in it. I just began my blog at http://livingalowcarblife.blogspot.com/ and am adding you to one of my favorite places. To success!

Total Pageviews