About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Time Trouble - How to Spring Ahead without feeling miserable !

Its the weekend ! I feel a bit tired from the great Body Pump class I took this morning. Our fitness instructor, encouraged me to add a little more weight to the bar.  Now I KNOW why they call it a WORK-OUT !! 

Did he NOT read the paper this morn ? I'm going to loose an hour of sleep tonight -- and he wants me to add more WEIGHT ??? Really.

Springing forward is an annoying ritual to me. Why can't the clocks always stay back ?  I suppose springing is a way of conserving energy, or so I'm told.  It's not like anybody sets an alarm to wake up so they can fix the clock just to go back to sleep ?? -- RIght ??

-------------------------------------------



One way to spring ahead without feeling miserable is to join a gym !

Since I joined Anytime Fitness, in early Feb, and started back on low-carb. I've lost a total of 9 pounds ! I'm excited to see my weight FINALLY coming off. I DO think that the weight lifting was creating muscle, thus slowing down the weight loss process.

Today, I walked outside for a couple of miles... It was SO pretty -- everything is starting to bloom !
Get outside, explore nature, MOVE -- weed the garden, do something !

-----------------------------------------------------




Eating can also get us out of a rut. Explore new low carb recipes, or foods. 

I kind of eat the same things so I may try this approach myself !

For brunch I had a few blackberries, Strips of Bacon, on two slices of wheat bread.  and some tiny new potatoes.

We went out to get some ice cream, So, I tried a teeny wee bit in a cup. It was So good. (Bad girl!).

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  Get out, get moving, don't forget to set your clocks AHEAD one hour tomorrow !!

 Time for me to go soak this tired body in the jacuzzi !!

( I've been watching the news .. my prayers go out to those affected by the Earthquake in Japan)

No comments:

Total Pageviews