About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Monday, March 14, 2011

My Low Carb Lenten Mission...



                                                      (Origninal URL :  Lenten Poster Link )

How is everyone today ?  I'm doing great here !   Remember after Mardi Gras when I mentioned that I needed more time to think about what I was 'giving up' for Lent, since Low carbin' was gving up so much already ?  I prayed about it and finally figured it out..

Instead of GIVING UP something, I'm just going to GIVE.

One day I gave Patience.  I played with my son a bit more than usual, and listened to what he had to say.

Today, I gave a compliment to a young lady at Home Depot. She just had a baby four months ago, and we were discussing the Applebee's Weight Watcher Steak and Potato Salad . I told her not to be discouraged, and that at 18, the weight would come off with a combination of good food choices and exercise. I gave her my url address to this blog AND told her about Leslie Sansone Walk Dvd's .



This afternoon, I found someone's cell phone at our post office. The main lobby was closed, and it was getting late. I decided to look to see if there was someone I could call to come retrieve the phone but with no luck. Then I looked at the numbers dialed 'most often.'  It was to a person called "Baby Boy."  LOL So, I dialed the number, and he knew who the phone belonged to. I rode my bicycle down the road to their home and gave the cell phone to their son who was eagerly waiting outside for it.  I did not leave my name or anything, but the expression on the little boy's face, AND he exclaimed... "THIS will make my mom VERY HAPPY !! " was priceless. 

I am glad I was able to give.. :)   You should TOO !!

-------------------------------


It's Monday. I started the day off meeting up with  my Aunt at Applebee's.    After scouring the menu for a while, I decided to eat this :

Applebee's Weight Watchers steak and potatoes salad contains 380 calories, 12 g of total fat, 4 g of saturated fat and 32 g of carbohydrate .



The plate was loaded with spinach, baby potatoes and strips of steak. It was really good !!

I exercised at Anytime Fitness this morning on the cross country elliptical for thirty minutes. Rode my bike around town for 25 minutes !

------------------------------------------------------

How are your low carb choices coming along today ??  Drop me a line and let me know !

No comments:

Total Pageviews