About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Mind vs. The Body

The Mind vs. The Body



It's a strange yet wonderful relationship.   Just which do you listen to ? 

You mind tells you that you are not hungry.  Your body tell you when you've had enough exercise.  Do you know how to listen to your inner self ?  Have you ever been called 'hard-headed'?  I have. 

Perhaps I know that if I eat "X" amount of calories, that my body knows it needs to exercise to burn it off.  It's a given. 

I learned a very hard lesson.  From December 2010 to January 31, 2011. I let myself go -- literally. I gained a whopping 10 pounds in two months !! I can blame it on the Thanksgiving turkey, the Christmas dinner, and the Mardi Gras Kingcake. YES! The purple, green, and gold -glistening icing actually spoke to me. The Butterball turkey spoke to me.  Food was my passion. Exercise was NOT.  INPUT FOOD = OUTPUT POUNDS.  There is no way of getting around it.

Some days, my mind will tell my body to exercise more. My body feels recovered, and wants to go along with the mind.  Sounds like a good plan, right ?? 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of plans.. I'm on Phase TWO of my low carb diet. Phase ONE consisted of loosing 10 pounds. I have reached that goal, YEAH !  Phase TWO consists of loosing another 10.  No time limit, just to loose it.

I also want to VARY the types of exercises I am doing.  I am going to begin a Les Mills Class called RPM.  RPM is the indoor cycling workout where you ride to the rhythm of powerful music. Take on the terrain with your inspiring team coach who leads the pack through hills, flats, mountain peaks, time trials, and interval training. Discover your athlete within – sweat and burn to reach your endorphin high. Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new RPM™ class is released every three months with new music and choreography.  It looks like a Spinning class. I've never been to one, so I'll have to report back when I do next week.

Today I took a Les Mills Body Flow Class  It is the Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates workout that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centered and calm. Controlled breathing, concentration and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves and poses to music create a holistic workout that brings the body into a state of harmony and balance.

I am enjoying my Les Mills Body Pump Weightlifting Class. I've been doing it for six weeks now. I can tell that it has made my core stronger.. , tones and it burns a lot of calories.

Another favorite exercise I like to do is the Cross Country Elliptical.  I can do it at a slow, steady pace. It works both the arms and legs .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------




For breakfast I had two scrambled eggs, (130 calories, 1 carb), two slices wheat bread (260 calories, 16 carbs).



For supper I had 1/2 pistolette (45 calories, 9 carbs), 1 ounce spaghetti (15 carbs, 110 Calories)  Four meatballs (2 carbs 160 calories) , and a couple ounces of spaghetti sauce (6 carbs, 45 calories)
TOTAL :  48 Carbs  -- 749 Calories

No comments:

Total Pageviews