About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

On the Road again : Low Carbin' It !



Sunset over Forney, Texas...


My travels this summer take me to a quaint little town in Texas called "Forney." Why here you may ask ? It 'antique' heaven ! Lots of little shops, makeshift antique barns, roadside antique thrift stores.. you name it, they have it. My twelve year old is an antique maven of some sort -- thanks to his crack knowledge (from his grandpa, of course !) he can tell you just about anything and everything he can about antique bottles and signs, glassware, etc. He is quite enthusiastic about it as well. I'd like to call this little town of Forney his 'honey hole' :)

I'm doing quite well low carbing. Ate a little something for breakfast and left my hometown for a little 8 hour or so drive up here. I am very thankful for my Glucerna bars.. as I call it 'protein on the go'. I also liked the fruit and walnut salads from MacDonald's'. I've learned in moderation for this product though.. it's high in 31 carbs, so I usually share it with Sean, or just eat 1/2 of it at one sitting, and then eat the other half. For lunch, I had a Mc Donald's chicken salad.. although I think they gave me crispy chicken (grilled is my fav), I was hungry enough not to let it bother me.. Ranch dressing to top it all off.

Tonight, I settled up front of my hotel, to a friendly little chicken place. One seasoned breast I exclaimed to the friendly cashier, who looked at me in bewilderment, only to acknowledge that 'all breasts tastes the same'.. HMMM I thought.. am I missing my Popeye's ALREADY lol... SO I devoured the chicken breast... and some unsweetened tea.. and tried a few of the okra on the side... not bad for country eatin.

I was able to get in a good one hour workout at the local gym.. Will probably ride the exercise bike tomorrow morn here at the hotel.. I'm an early bird.. always have been... great way to start off the day :)

How is your summer going ?

No comments:

Total Pageviews