About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independence Day

I hope everyone had a nice Independence Day. We bbq'd .. had hot dogs, sausage, corn, etc. Even made a bunch of potato salad. We ate watermelon for dessert... With all the recent heat, this even helped to cool us off. I'm writing this at almost 3 pm , its about 100 outside ! A pleasant cool for New Orleans. June was a very HOT month, but I think July will be hotter.

I was thinking about the word 'independence'. Being independent, loosing the weight, maintaining it, etc. Once we are away from the 'bad food', being around it is SO tempting. I always think of my Super Bowl Party ideas, and keep on track with that low-carb menu. I eat my 'bad foods', much in moderation now. A couple of times a week, I just eat MORE of the good food..

Right now, I weigh about 132, and I'm happy with that. I've kept off the weight for six months now. Give or take. Drinking three bottles of water during my two hour work-outs, eating watermelon and cantaloupe.. well that adds water weight gain. I'm OK with that... flushing out is a good thang . LOL.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm looking forward to vacation this year. Last year from June to August I was in constant pain... only to have the hysterectomy on Aug. 12. So, I'm trying to stay healthy this year.. have three more weeks to go before we leave for Texas. Going to visit a friend I have not seen in 10 years, so I'm real excited.

I hope everyone is having a great summer ! Drop a line and let me know what yall have been up to :)

Have a Blessed day !

Jean

2 comments:

Harry/JP said...

Jean,

Nice to hear an update on your life. Congrats on keeping your weight off and for finding a good balance in your life. Good on you!

I've been doing well. I'm almost at my goal weight - around 180 lbs. That means I'm down 80+ lbs and I'm feeling good and confident that I can keep it off. Fingers crossed.

We had a great 4th. We were invited to a friend's home and got to meet her wonderfully sweet parents. The food was delicious and I was able to select (and thoroughly enjoy) a feast of LC foods. The weather was very pleasant too - n the low 80's and rather breezy.

I hope your vacation is a lot fun and leaves you with many memories that you'll treasure in the years to come.

My best to you and yours!

Me said...

Hi Jean,

I'd be happy at that weight too - and looking forward to the holiday!! You have a fantastic time :)

Total Pageviews