About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

I'm still alive.. and kickin !





Hello everyone, I'm still alive and kicking !

Its been a VERY LONG spring break here in Louisiana. Enjoying time with the kids and my wonderful husband who's been on vacation.

Our gym opened their pool this week.. (You should see my EYES literally light up when I say this... ).. However, the water temp is still too cold to actually swim.

Can you believe, that I do not know how to swim ? Yes an adult. I can swim a distance, and a few of the 'strokes'.. but nothing else ! I plan to take swim lessons as soon as someone finds out how swim-challenged I really am. (I did have an offer from a 10-year old on the swim team LOL). May just take him up on it.

School starts tomorrow. (Do you hear an AMEN in the background here ??). I am going to enjoy myself now.

I'm still watching what I eat, although I must tell you this butter pecan sugarfree ice cream that Schwan's puts out is to die-for

CARB COMFORT® Butter Pecan Ice Cream $6.49

http://www.schwans.com/products/product_40366.htm

How is everyone else doing out there ??

Have a blessed Day !

2 comments:

Harry/JP said...

Swimming is great exercise. Gentle on the body (joints) but it tones just about everything. And it's never to late to learn. :-)

I've been doing pretty well. I'm trying to slowly up my exercise routine to see how it affects me. Tomorrow I'm going to mix it up even more by adding some eliptical time (prior to my treadmill workout)

Good to have you back, BB. I'm happy to see you had a good spring break!

Low Carber said...

wow thats a name I have not heard in quite a while.. I kinda miss the schwan man driving the gold truck to the front of our house with all of kids goggling the little catalogue while praying Mom and dad buy our favorites :)Chocolate Marshmallow was a house favorite so was the Butter Pecan and Pralines in Cream.. The ice cream sandwiches were delish as well.. alas there is no schwan man here in Japan..

So you will just have to eat an extra portion for me :)

Glad to see your back :)

Total Pageviews