About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

OMG ! It's the OMG Diet !! Loose 20 pounds in six weeks !

Six Weeks to OMG : Get skinnier than all your friends !   ( CLICK TO WATCH VIDEO)




I have a HUGE problem with a diet, or a BOOK that begins with OMG.  For one, I do NOT wish to be SKINNIER than all my friends.  I wish to be HEALTHIER and continue to remain this way. I've worked diligently and many hours to keep the weight off.  Any diet that claims that you can loose 20 pounds in six weeks is NUTS.

I've been there and done that, and paid the price for it ! In October 2008, my initial TRY at dieting,  I weighed 170+ pounds and was diagnosed with pre-hypertension. My doctor explained that if I did not lose 10% of my body weight, I would have to rely on medication to treat the high blood pressure for the rest of my life. I went online like everyone else searching for that 'miracle' to help me lose weight. I landed on the doorstep of Jimmy Moore . Jimmy went on his own low-carb journey to lose weight, and blogs about his journey.


I followed his low carb regimen. Exercised and ate low carb. However, something happened to me that should not have. I was low carbing WAY to low, and the weight was coming off TOO FAST. I lost 26 pounds in six weeks. Along with the weight loss came hair loss and a vitamin deficiency. At that point, I thought low carbing was supposed to be a good thing. LESSON LEARNED.

Crash dieting, or lowering the carbs to that of a dead person could make you that way ! Skipping breakfast, no snacks and have two cups of hot coffee, soaking in cold baths, -- as the Six Weeks to OMG book recommends is ridiculous.  Your body is created in such a way that it needs FUEL, it needs to be FED NOT overfed. Your body also need exercise. 

SO, OMG ! I think I you should NOT read the book. What you see is what you get. What do yall think ? Leave me a comment Please !

Have a great day = )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with you there is a right way to lose weight and removing anything from you diet is not the right way. You need a well rounded diet. The simple anwser is eat less and move more and it really is that simple.

Total Pageviews