About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Low Carb TV Show... ok IF I really had one ! :)

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J

Wednesday November2 My TV Show. Your blog is being turned into a TV show! Congrats – you’ve earned it. In fact, you get to co-write it. Write about the TV show based on your life or blog.

BIG EASY ON LOW CARB CHANNEL


Why should living The Big Easy lifestyle of New Orleans hinder the way we eat ? Good Cajun food has always been and always will be a part of me. Every Cajun has the love of cooking. Come as we explore the heart of Cajun culture and cooking. Travel with us, as we access the wildlife of the area and the seafood of the Gulf.

You'll meet fun-loving, God-fearing, hard-working people who grow their own food and catch their own meals in these small Cajun towns. We will absorb the Cajun culture and speak the Cajun language. We'll cook over open hearths like many on plantations. We'll sip mint juleps on the veranda, and watch the setting sun over the levee.

Since many of the Cajun foods are rich in carbohydrates, we'll learn how to simply prepare those recipes for those on a diabetic diet, or just for those who want to eat healthy. Cajun cooking may be time consuming, but it is well worth what you put into it. It has to be. Cajuns love eating their food as much as they love preparing it.
If Justin Wilson we're alive he'd say "I Gar-on-tee".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think my cable channel would be different from what is out there because it specifically is geared toward travelling down the back roads of Louisiana and deep in the heart of the Dixie countryside.


Local chefs Emeril Lagasse, Paul Prudhomme, and John Besh will give us the low down on their favorite low carb recipes, fine dining tips, and what it was like growing up in New Orleans.
We'll have the return of Justin Wilson's cooking show -- listening to his Cajun comedy stories while showin' us how to cook real-like Deep Southern food and sip a little 'wine on the side'.


We'll travel the back bayous on an airboat exploring the marsh lands and the animals that live there -- hunt alligator, fish offshore in the Gulf of Mexico, and bow hunt some deer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Big Easy on Low Carb Channel will also explore the present day Louisiana.
We'll revisit Hurricane Katrina survivors, and get their first-hand knowledge of what it was like to live in those desperate times. Did they bbq their food and tail gate ? Did they share what they had with others, or evacuate to other states ?
We'll find out what it was like for the seafood industry, seafood restaurants, and people who ate seafood when the Mobil Oil disaster occured. Travel to marshlands to see how the ecology is now a year later.

No comments:

Total Pageviews