About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Fell off the wagon ... again !





Hi ! Been a while since I personally blogged, so I cannot even tell you if anyone is out there reading this. If you are, I would appreciate your support !

I recently gained back 10 of the 35 pounds I've been able to keep off for the last
1 1/2 years. I could blame it on the medications I recently took for Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Menopause. Nothing like being diagnosed as having 'hot flashes, and irritable bowels !'. Makes one want to puke.

For the last two weeks I've tried going back on my low carb diet to no avail. I'm weighing in at 144 pounds now. Remember at 5' 4" and a bloated-as-all-get-out tummy to prove it.

I'm exercising and doing every RIGHT. So, I'm stuck in Limbo. nada. I hope someone is out there that can provide at least a little bit of encouragement. This blog says I have 23 followers, so does anyone care ??

I know. I'm at a new 'low'.. (and its not weight). Is there anybody out there ?

2 comments:

Low Carber said...

heya

I am here..back in Japan to close down my school.. I am sorry to hear that yo gained..but is it water weight?? or actually pounds?? Traveling to America and changing environments caused me to gain some weight.. I am getting back on the wagon..but it has been tough keep doing everything right and eventually it should come off.. Good luck!

bayoubabe said...

So, u will be coming back to the U.S. ? Where will u be then ? Sorry your school is closed.

Back to your comment. I was on meds for IBS and menopause for a few weeks. Got off , noticed the weight gain.

I'/m starting week 3 of the low carb, with NO success. I'm exercising like crazy. Two hours yesterday and 1 1/2 today.

It seems all of the weight is in my GUT.. or so it seems. I'm drinking tons of water with the occasional Coke zero. So by water weight, do u actually mean water I'm drinking or water I'm retainin?

Please let me know and thanks for caring and responding.

Total Pageviews