About Me

My photo
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
This blog is dedicated to the low-carb menu challenge presented by Jimmy Moore. I'm living the Louisiana low carb lifestyle, where low-carb is the new way to go ! I live southwest of New Orleans, Louisiana....have three awesome kids. We are deep down in the heart of sweet Cajun Country, where we kick back and relax, go hunting, fishing, or make groceries! My doctor told me that my blood pressure numbers were getting too high, so I had to loose weight. She challenged me with ten pounds in three months. That was October 7, 2008. I lost 26 pounds !!! In February of 2011, I found that I had gained a few pounds more than I would have liked, weighing in at 170 pounds. I had to get back into the swing of living the low carb life again !! I am loving the 'low-carb' style and wish to contiue it . I exercise three times a week at the gym, and off the 'off' days, I learn to RELAX !! November 2011, finds me in different circumstances -- a new lifestyle, great community of friends and a challenge to keep that 45 pounds that I lost OFF. Feel free to read my blog, browse around, or just sit a spell!!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The 30 Minute Work Out Routine

Nothing like a good workout to get your blood circulating...How about a 30 minute one ? The folks at webmd.com have devised just such a program for us.


http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/slideshow-30-minute-workout-routine?ecd=wnl_day_021009

Think you don't have time to work out?

You do. It's the intensity of your workout that's key, especially if you don't have much time. A short-burst, high-intensity workout boosts your metabolism and tones muscles. Get moving with this 30-minute "quickie" routine that includes cardio training and resistance training for each major muscle group.

If you're new to exercise, over 40, have a health problem, or take regular medication, check with your doctor before starting a fitness program.
-------------------------------------------------------------

After working out at the gym for one hour AND walking with my husband yesterday, I was too pooped to post !

He found a trail along the levee around here, beautiful scenic waterways, cypress trees, wildlife, etc.. so I decided to 'tag along' yesterday. It was a five-mile journey into the swamp there along the levee. We were dashing cow patties as we strutted along on yet another beautiful day.

He was very impressed that I could keep up with him. He's over 50 and I'm over the hill. He's
6 ft tall and I'm 5'4" and I'm very much vertically challenged.. so imagine to every three of his 'stridng steps', I'm taking ONE. But Bayoubabe had a stragetic plan in mind.... =)

My fellow blogger readers will well know by now, my secret walking weapon is my one and only Leslie Sansone DVD's I SWEAR by these. I can do FIVE MILES IN ONE HOUR with her latest dvd that is out !! So, to my husband's surprise... I WAS able to keep up with him and without too much of a sweat. On our journey back home, I passed him up and yelled to him .."OUT OF SHAPE!!" in jest. He is just now getting himself going again physically, which I applaud. He is a shift worker, so having precious time to exercise in our humid, rainy, mosquito filled atmosphere out here -- is almost null.

-----------------------------------------------------

I've been eating pretty good lately. Today for lunch, I had a Subway Ham and Turkey Salad. Its really good. Hope your day is going along well also !

Bayoubabe

No comments:

Total Pageviews